Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lenten Reading Plan: John 2:1-25

S=Scripture
Read John 2:1-25
(I am reading in The Message interpretation)

O=Observation
I am struck by the contrast of these two scenes from Jesus' life: a wedding miracle next to the angry temple scene. We go from "the first glimpse of his glory" to the first glimpse of his righteous anger.

A=Application
I have days like that... seasons like that... times when I have to shift gears or change hats so fast my head spins. Life brings encounters of joy and celebration and miracles, and it brings times of conflict, disruption, and anger. And yes, sometimes the shift happens in what seems like a split second.

P=Prayer
Loving God, I am grateful for Jesus "who knows our grief, who died our death, who rose for our sake." Thanks you that The One who is Lord of my life has experienced the fullness of life and can be trusted with all of my life. Amen.


I SOAP-ed! Did you?

P.S. Sorry this post is so late... had to take mom to the ER today... her potassium is low and she is anemic... please keep her in your prayers. Thanks!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Life changes can be good or can put me in a head spin that turns my world upside down. But my advantage is I get to focus on ME. I cannot even comprehend how demanding it is to be a pastor. One minute they are performing a wedding, the next minute at the hospital consoling a family that just lost someone they loved. Pastors are multi-skilled, multi-tasking, carrying emotions of their family, friends, and congregation all at once. Thank you for teaching me to leave room in my heart for God to dwell. I pray God keeps his arms around pastors giving them strength to change hats while their heads are spinning!