Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lenten Reading Plan: John 6:1-21

S=Scripture
Read John 6:1-21
(I am reading in The Message interpretation)

O=Observation
Wow, Jesus "performs" two amazing miracles in this reading: he feeds five thousand people with one sack lunch, and then walks on water in the midst of stormy seas.

It says Jesus asks Philip about buying bread for the crowd "to stretch his faith."

A=Application
That makes me wonder how Jesus stretches my faith in the crowded places in my life... What was crowded today? Hmmm, my calendar is crowded. Jesus asks me how I am going to feed my soul... grow my soul... with this crowded calendar? Where will I find those lush, grassy places to stretch out my soul in the presence of Jesus.

If I am not careful, I will find myself afraid and tossed about in other peoples' storms.


P=Prayer
Jesus, walk across the storm that is my calendar and the moments and times of my days. Help me to create grassy hillsides where I can be in your presence... where you can calm the churning and remind me that you are there.

I will be afraid no more! Thanks be to God!


I SOAP-ed! Did you?

No comments: